Zum Inhalt springen

Das schreibt Liverpool

rotjacke

Empfohlene Beiträge

Rafael Benitez has admitted his Liverpool side need to improve following their shock 1-0 home defeat to AK Graz.

The Reds have qualified for the Champions League by virtue of a 2-1 aggregate scoreline, but Benitez admits he has a lot of concerns following a poor Anfield display.

Rather than single out individuals for criticism the manager insists a collective effort is needed to turn things around.

Benitez said: "I liked the first 25 minutes in the first half but after that I didn't like it. We played very nervous, lost the ball far too easily and didn't win second balls.

"The most important thing is we have qualified for the next stage but I learned a lot tonight and what we have to do is to work harder and pass the ball better.

"They had a lot of pressure and when they scored we were nervous. Our defending wasn't very good but it is a team thing. We didn't play well in attack and we lost a lot of balls.

"I still think we have a good squad but we need to try and change things. Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia will give us more possibilities as they will help us keep the ball more. We need to improve and it's my problem and the teams."